EHR customer success is not a new topic for RCM companies or EHR companies. The whole process revolves around EHR customer success. As Electronic Health Records play a major role in healthcare business, it also exhibits its prominence in EHR customer success. No company can survive well without a good customer success formula. It’s indeed crucial to concentrate more on EHR customer success to deliver better.
In the last few years, the market has shifted its focus from being process oriented to being customer oriented. It has turned out that customers are the ones to decide the company’s success. The ultimate goal of the company remains to fulfill customer’s requirements on time. In order to achieve that, the EHR companies or RCM companies must be aware of the best practices of the EHR customer success.
5 best EHR customer success practices:
- Mapping the customer success journey
- Data tracking and analysis
- Using revenue lifecycle management
- Frequent innovations
- De-Centralizing customer success
Mapping the customer success journey
- It is very much essential to maintain a consistent performance throughout the customer’s life time. The customers should not fail to receive support whenever it’s necessary from EHR customer success team.
- To make sure of that, it’s important to involve the entire customer life cycle- from the time the company first signs them up to the moment you transform their business.
- So, customer mapping becomes an essential work or process to be followed. It also helps to understand and improve the customer experience by finding out what is missing.
- Customer experience also changes constantly during the lifetime. That is why mapping a customer success journey involves focusing on the entire journey of the customer and not one single aspect.
- Moreover, it allows making changes depending on where the customer belongs in the lifecycle to create a seamless customer experience. Also, it lets them understand what to expect from the company and feel valued.
Data tracking and analysis
- Data tracking and analysis is essential in today’s market. It helps to determine the difference between what is processed and what is delivered.
- EHR companies will be aware of how their software is used by allowing it to shift its strategies.
- Usually EHR customer success team feels confused about what to measure. It’s also hard to measure data and to derive meaning from the huge amount of data that the company has collected.
- The data tracked is then used to calculate various metrics to watch out for patterns that show a customer’s current status.
- The data analysis also helps customers to figure out the exact situation of the company. It also helps in taking concrete steps to make sure the company is moving in the right direction.
- The data analyzed is not only used to know about the customers but is also shared with them.
- EHR companies must provide real time data in the form of visual graphs to the customers, telling them how their performance is, what features they have used, and more.
- Sometimes companies also show a customer’s comparison with other companies that have a product like their customer.
- Providing EHR customers with this data is of strategic value since it helps them improve their performance.
- There’s a chance to set up high level engagement and bond between EHR customers and EHR customer success teams. But the data shared may not always be positive and can result in churn, if not delivered with caution.
Using revenue lifecycle management:
- To find out how EHR customer success team is performing with respect to EHR customer success management, they require a benchmark.
- Revenue lifecycle management provides a benchmark for a company’s approach towards customer success. It’s also a systematic approach for maximizing revenue during customer lifetime.
- RLM is considered to be a recently spotlighted practice which can generate some degree of confusion.
- Being aware of this issue, Forbes Insight released a report called “Mastering Revenue Lifecycle Management: Customer Engagement Leads to Competitive Advantage”.
- According to the report, there exists a direct and strong correlation between the investment in RLM and both market leadership and revenue growth of the companies.
- It also suggests that the increased customer satisfaction driven by RLM resulted in improved yield and retention.
- Bruce Rogers, Chief Insights Officer and head of the CMO Practice at Forbes Media said, “The traditional roles of partners, vendors and customers are being disrupted. Yet this presents opportunities, and a focus on RLM can help maximize those.”
- Due to technology, the healthcare industry is evolving at an extensive rate. At this point, nothing is constant.
- The methods that work for the company today might not work later. Increasing competition has made frequent innovation a requirement for EHR customer success.
- Innovation is often considered as a systematic learning process to create, identify, refine and execute new value creating ideas. It is critical to address perceived challenges and exploit opportunities that have risen or are about to increase in the future.
- Utilizing right metrics can actually help in making continuous improvements in one right direction. Depending on lagging indicators can damage the EHR customer success of an EHR company.
- One must understand that there are no certain customer success best practices for it, but there are certain key factors that are worth considering and they are: constant improvement, value creation, the lean startup model, resource allocation, company culture and focus.
De-Centralizing customer success
- Companies should accept the interdisciplinary nature of EHR customer success management. If the company isolates EHR customer success, it’s considered to be irresponsible.
- EHR customer success must be considered as a team sport where each department has a role to play.
- However, it does not mean that the customer service is not essential for the company. It still requires a team to manage and co-ordinate as well as link with the other departments.
- There are situations where customer obstacles are very well understood by other departments.
- It is always beneficial for the company to organize these quick and valuable interactions for the customers with the required employees.
- Best EHR customer success practices will evolve over time and the company will always need to be on top of their game to predict the changes before they actually happen.
Hope you got the information on EHR customer success. For more information and updates on healthcare, please subscribe to our blog.